• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dangit.

KI4KWF

NAXJA Forum User
i discovered what was making the bumping noise in the rear today. the drivers side shock had come undone and was resting on the gas tank. we figured it would eventually, because when we replaced the stock ones, somebody had mounted some new napa shocks, but the original holes had obviously stripped out, so they used some stubby little weak sheet metal screws and mounted it, with the new holes directly beside the old ones, twisting the shock a few degrees.
oh well, it probably came off the first time i flexed it on the water ditches at the hunting club. :laugh:
i wonder who rigged it that way, a certified mechanic, or some lame-brain, or both! :moon: :roflmao:

I just drilled holes all the way through the floor and used carriage bolts and loc-nutz

speaking of that, im also considering some locktight so the new bolts dont back out, but i'll probably regret that when i save up enough for some old man emu's. :explosion

Back