• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner with high density roller?

mattbred

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried applying Herculiner with a high(er) density foam roller? The one that they give you with the package is pretty rough and probably gives it that rough texture. If a guy was to use a high density roller, I wonder what the texture and durability would be like?

Finer and just as strong..

i applied herc with a regular paint roller once and the roller started falling apart as i rolled. i believe the herc was "eating" the roller. i've always applied it with either the the roller they give you or a brush. the rough texture comes from the grit that they put in the paint btw, but brushing makes it smoother than rolling does.

i used a normal roller on the lower 1/4 of my jeep and on the inside , and have not really experienced any problems in the last year i've had it done. I feel that it has less of a textured look ,then the supplied roller with the kit.

dont use roller. that is to much work and a waste of liner in the end. I price the paint can compared to the spray can. It is about the same and spray can is less hassle other then the great fumes it gives off :spin3: . Any way i sprayed my whole jeep inside and out for about 100$. Looks great and thorn bushes dont leave a mark.

I used a high density roller and it worked great. Just make sure you use a pan and roll out of that. For some of mine I "brushed" the herc onto a roller and then rolled it on, but it came out all kinds of uneven. The little grits were in tons a different clumps, no pattern at all.

I applied Hurc in my YJ tub with a brush. It came out pretty rough. It was evenly applied, just a rough surface.

Back