• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c wiring connector

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
I posted here a while back about my a/c woes. The short version is: 1997 xj sport. My a/c quit this year. After changing the relay and fuse and jiggling wires, it went to the dealer. They told me I had a bad computer. I just accepted the fact that I was going to be driving with the windows down.

It bothered me though to be hauling around the extra weight of the a/c system for nothing. So I checked the wiring again, and when I got to the wiring to the high/low pressure sensor for the
R-134, it looked like one of the wires may have broken inside the insulation. It was too close to the connector to get a good splice. I took the connector apart and was going to strip the wires down and reconnect it. I couldn't get the wire out of the terminal. I finally messed around with it too long and it snapped in half. :mad: Is there anywhere that sells that terminal end? Or do I have to replace the whole connector. It's a 97 xj.

There's a wire with the same connector just tied up next to the tranny dipstick. Anyone know what this is for? It looks like it has never been hooked up to anything. Can I just splice the wires from this "extra" connector to the wires for the a/c sensor, and cap off the other wires?

If this fixes the a/c I'm tempted to call the dealer and scream at them for charging me $80 for nothing.

Deyman

Hey there.

My a/c is working perfectly after I spliced the wires to a connector plug I picked up at the bone yard. The computer was fine. After I put the new plug on, the compressor fired right up. I can only guess that the sensor wasn't working, so the computer wasn't telling the compressor to run.

I never did call that dealer up and scream at them, but I haven't given them any more of my business either. Yeah, complete a/c diagnostic check my a$$! You would think you would start with the sensor, relay and fuses, and go from there. $80 down the toilet!

Deyman

Back