• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering Pump leak

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I started having a major PS leak after my stupid mechanic tried to fix my sloppy steering boxby tightning the steering box bolt, and now another mechanic wants me to change the PS pump which I can buy from the local junkyard for 100 USD ( STUPID I know)

My question is I searched & I found that it could be the seal between the Pump & the reservoir, how can I know where is the faulty part wether I can fix it, the whole pump & bracket are soaked in fluid

Thanks

I am sure that the leak isnt coming from the pulley side, neither from the hoses is there any other location other than the reservoir/pump oring ?

Merry Christmas

you gotta clean it up, degrease the whole area, let it dry, then start her up and cycle your steering wheel lock to lock and see where it's coming from...you'll know really quick if it's from a hose fitting or from the pump body or reservoir

Back