• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radius arm - upper y location

andyxj

NAXJA Forum User
For now I'm going to be setting up a radius arm style front link suspension (using rubber bushings at all the axle and tube mounts, except maybe for the unibody/crossmember mount).

I was wondering if the placement of the upper y-link mount had anything to do with lessening or increasing bind. I know that the radius style links will always be in bind when the axle is traveling, but would an over and under position be just as good or better than a typical dana 30 mount style?

Here are the brackets I'm thinking of using, or at least this design. radius mounts

There will be less binding with the mounts closer together with the sacrifice of axle control.

Just say,No poly!

If you're running two uppers, especially with those brackets, you'll have very little free articulation with poly bushings.

Rubber will allow it to move more but you'll have more axle wrap and it generally won't feel as 'solid'.

Back