• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boomerang/Greasable Shackle Question

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Want to get a set of the Boomerang shackles, cheapest place i can find is for 72 bucks plus 29 bucks for shipping, so is there any other place that i could find em for a little less or with Free shipping?? also what is another Alternative i could go with??

Do you need boomerang shackles?

There aren't that many vendors, and that price isn't bad.

Recently bought RE2705 boomerang shackles from Red Rock 4x4--free shipping, but cost $109.95!!

TNT and JKS are two that come to mind - who did you go thru?

TnT cost me $99 to my door!! Very nice product (unpainted though)

I run the TNT boomarang shackles. When I finish some other mods (read, i'm out of cash again) i'll buy taking them off and getting the RE ones.

If you don't have longer leaves that require boomerang shackles (I do..) I would suggest going TNT. They don't swing 'back' as far as the RE ones (which is why I'm going to RE).

-C

cal said:
I run the TNT boomarang shackles. When I finish some other mods (read, i'm out of cash again) i'll buy taking them off and getting the RE ones.

If you don't have longer leaves that require boomerang shackles (I do..) I would suggest going TNT. They don't swing 'back' as far as the RE ones (which is why I'm going to RE).

-C

What leaves are you running Cal?

Depending how you bumpstop it may not be a problem. I -WAY- overtrimmed the rear and can stuff my 35's deep into the wheel well. I hit the bumpstop on normal articulation but if I'm hauling ass across the desert will hit the shackle too.

Well im basically looking for something that will give me between 3/4 of and inch or 1 inch and i figured i'd go with a boomerang style shackle, but not having any luck finding them for a good price and shipping less that 25 bucks!

You don't do the boomerang style shackle 'just because'. its done when your leafs are really long and a normal shackle won't really .. reach?. here, look at the end of my leaf vs. where the shackle mount is.

shackle.jpg

cal said:
Depending how you bumpstop it may not be a problem. I -WAY- overtrimmed the rear and can stuff my 35's deep into the wheel well. I hit the bumpstop on normal articulation but if I'm hauling ass across the desert will hit the shackle too.

Well, I dont do much hauling ass across the desert so hopefully with some bump stoping they will be fine.

What about Rusty's 3/4" shackles?

Just posting something new i happened to see.....

yep, the JKS ones are the ones I run :)

I have the opposite problem with my TNT shackles (the 1.5" ones), with my bastard pack, they hit the front of the shackle mount on full extension. Thinking of just putting a regular straight set one.

DSC05411.jpg

Back