• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leafs

The XJ leaf with the eyes is used and then some of the S10 leafs are sandwiched between XJ leafs, I think it's 2 and 2 total, but don't quote me on that.

The eyes on the S10 pack are much different, plus I believe the S10 packs are shorter in total length. I have a bastard pack and only one side of the S10 leaf extends all the way to the XJ eye. The reason that people use the S10 pack is because it is very flexy and has the perfect amount of arch for making 3 to 5 inches of bastard lift.

does it matter what year s-10 and what leaf or leafs do you use. like the main leaf being number one and so on. my rear sags pretty good and there stock

Interesting. I wondered the same thing after I got a set of S-10 leaves from the junkyard since they looked like they would bolt right in. The leaves were from a 2wd pickup consisting of a main leaf, 2nd, and a flat overload on the bottom.

In comparison to the stock XJ, the S-10 leaves were about a 1/4 to at most 1/2 inch longer than the XJ, and had the spring center bolt just a tad farther back. The spring eye bolt hole diameters are the same, as are the widths.

I was tempted to use them, but thought I'd take the route that's tried and true by naxja, and used only the 2nd S-10 spring and added it to my stock XJ pack to yield 3 inches of lift.

The only problem I foresee with using the complete stock S-10 leaves would be the pinion angle being slightly altered, but it could be fine for all I know.

I would like to hear from anyone who's tried the complete stock S-10 leaves. I wanted to try this when I have some more down time.

xj151 said:
does it matter what year s-10 and what leaf or leafs do you use. like the main leaf being number one and so on. my rear sags pretty good and there stock

It all depends on how much lift you're looking for. If you want maximum lift replace all of your XJ springs (aside from the main leaf) with S10 leaves for about 4.5 to 5 inches of lift.

i believe you want the S10 leaves from older S10s like the boxy blazers.... They have a ton of them at the pull-a-part in charlotte.

will the rear flex good with the stock main xj leaf and the rest s-10 leafs. if any one knows. how does it compare to the stock ones

Back