• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much is to much?

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Got a question. I have had 2 people come up to my door asking me if I would be interested in selling my jeep.(must be the custom OD paint) anyway this guy today asked if i'd be interested and how much i would want for it. Did some quick math in my head and said that I really wasnt interested but if I was id like to get 3k for it. he comes back with "How about 3.5-4? would that interest you" So my question is would I be taking advantage of this guy if i took 4k for it?? interested in your opinion's.

Sell it if that number works for you. If he is willing to pay that much, its not taking advantage of someone.......its taking advantage of a situation. He must be able to afford it if he offered.

The question is do you want to start over?

id like a newer jeep(97+) and wouldnt mind doing it all again

ruggedjeep said:
I wouldnt sell mine cause id hate to find out what it would sell for :D

x2, i'll never sell mine. I think i'd get about a 1/3 of what ive got into it, if i did.

mattyj said:
x2, i'll never sell mine. I think i'd get about a 1/3 of what ive got into it, if i did.
forget what ive got into it, i think i'd get 1/3 of what i PAID for it :roflmao:

Last edited:
thats why i have been talling these people that Im really not interested, casue I know it would be nearly impossible to recoup what I'm into it. But if this guys shows up with 4k on my door step I'm game

When I let my 2000 go, Lets just say the new owner got a SMOKING deal. I had over $11K in aftermarket parts, not including the $12K I paid for the Jeep. I let it go for $6500. You will never get out what you have into these things.

Unless you are paid $80 to take the XJ.

(see avatar)

If your on the fence over selling it just ask what you have in it ? If they want to give you that for it great ! If not ..Oh well! you wont feel you have lost and as outhers have said you never get what you have into a built 4x4 I had a FJ-40 that the guy who built it had receipts for 60,000 to build it (frame of restoration) and sold it to me for 22,000 ? I sold it a year later for 27,000 after winning a few car shows, it was to purdy to wheel !!! I would tell them look I have 5,000 (or whatever) in it !thats what I want !!

I think if your not happy with your rig(you said you wanted a newer one) and you are into the whole idea of starting all over again, then cut your losses & take money. Buy a nice, clean, newer rig and start building.

shelbyluvv said:
When I let my 2000 go, Lets just say the new owner got a SMOKING deal. I had over $11K in aftermarket parts, not including the $12K I paid for the Jeep. I let it go for $6500. You will never get out what you have into these things.

And lets not forget about blood, sweat, and cursing thats been invested also!

ScottyDog said:
And lets not forget about blood, sweat, and cursing thats been invested also!

I got some of that invested in his jeep too....not to mention 4.10's and a 29 spline 8.25

But it is to you Paul. I'll re-gear your next one too....

Justin

Yeah I was a little worried about what the wife was going to say about me starting over much to my surprise she was game. As of now I am keeping it plan on getting the exhaust done and possibly a lunch box with my tax return. this is the plan unless this guy shows up with sine major green Speaking of the re gear Justin still got that speedo?

homebrew said:
Yeah I was a little worried about what the wife was going to say about me starting over much to my surprise she was game. As of now I am keeping it plan on getting the exhaust done and possibly a lunch box with my tax return. this is the plan unless this guy shows up with sine major green Speaking of the re gear Justin still got that speedo?

I think I have it some where, if not, I will get you another one.

Justin

shelbyluvv said:

Unless you are paid $80 to take the XJ.

(see avatar)

:kissyou:

Back