• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

emergency brake cable

"E Brakes are over rated!!!! "

Anyone else agree with this? I can't seem to find a good adjustment on mine, seems I am either dragging parking brake or have no parking brake. I finally just loosened it up and run with no e-brake. (mine is an automatic)

88trailcrawler said:
"E Brakes are over rated!!!! "

Anyone else agree with this? I can't seem to find a good adjustment on mine, seems I am either dragging parking brake or have no parking brake. I finally just loosened it up and run with no e-brake. (mine is an automatic)

The other e-brake alternative for the is 84-95 XJ's is something like this...
ebrkbkt2.jpg
ebrkbkt1.jpg

The stock cables are used with a bracket that moves the cables back and an all thread rod that extends the adjustment rod under the handle. It's buried in some ten year old hints and help.

It's works for stock XJ's as well, for a more positive e-brake that works and releases (when needed).

Ed A. Stevens said:
The other e-brake alternative for the is 84-95 XJ's is something like this...
ebrkbkt2.jpg
ebrkbkt1.jpg

The stock cables are used with a bracket that moves the cables back and an all thread rod that extends the adjustment rod under the handle. It's buried in some ten year old hints and help.

It's works for stock XJ's as well, for a more positive e-brake that works and releases (when needed).
That looks like a nice easy way to do it! Thanks for the tip.

Back