• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA Questions

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
So I am finally building an OBA setup out of my stock compressor on my 94. I have it working for the most part, and it is awesome. Definately the best and coolest mod I have done. I'll post some pics when it's done, I have a 5 gal tank I am building in between the front bumper and cross member, which will allow me to run tools pretty well. I'm also putting 4 air horns in--i'll have video of that no doubt.

The only real question I have so far is what do you guys use for the fittings right on the compressor? I know they are 3/4" --FIP possibly? So far I have not found anything in hardware stores to fit it right. My compressor has the connections on the back of the pump, one above the other. Right now I have 3/4" black pipe fittings on there but they are not right. I know some people just use the stock lines, cut them and clamp hose on there, but I'd rather keep it copper/brass up to the pressure switch for better heat dissipation. If you have any links or part numbers that would be great. Thanks

Find a shop that makes hoses like these guys and show them what you want to do, Gates makes the fittings that will screw onto your compressor, and then they can put a different fitting on the other end of the hose (like 3/4 pipe). Many parts stores carry Gates fittings, but will not have the ones you are looking for.

also look here this area might also help.:cheers:

I used AN fittings when I did my York OBA install. Not sure if the factory Sanden uses the same fittings or not. I'll have to look at mine in the morning.

Back