• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB locker

Hackmeister

NAXJA Forum User
I have a potential opportunity to purchase a dana 44 ARB locker with compressor for $650, and I was wondering what kind of deal that is. I know they are really expensive brand new, but that's still a lot of money for my college-student budget. I'm thinking of maybe buying it and if I don't want it wouuld anyone here buy it from me?

p.s. if this is in the wrong category, mods please move it

That doesn't sound too bad, depending up which compressor it is, if all wires, switches, etc. are included, and if the locker itself is complete and in good shape. I bought a supposedly complete ARB and unded up having to spend another $100 for new bearings, O rings, etc. from ARB. New would be what, $1050 or so, depending upon the compressor--I think I'd be happier paying closer to $500 for used.

Thats not a bad deal at all. The last ARB I purchased was $1100, without the compressor.

EDIT: It looks like you can pick that locker up about $675 to $690 new, without the compressor. Not as good of a deal as it could be, but not a bad one.

He didn't say which compressor it was, and claims it's in good shape. I'm a bit iffy though . Also, where can you get that locker for under $700 new? I might be able to find another way to get air to it instead of a $200 compressor depending on what I get for Christmas this year

Also find out what spline it is. I know some of the d44 arbs fronts are 30 splines and 33 spline depending whether its front or rear

xalexjx said:
Also find out what spline it is. I know some of the d44 arbs fronts are 30 splines and 33 spline depending whether its front or rear

It has nothing to do if its a front or rear. All 'dana 44' is 30 spline, front and rear, unless you specifically buy a 33 or 35 spline setup and run aftermarket shafts.

Its usually a pretty safe assumption that its 30 spline. If it did turn out to be 33 spline, it would not be hard to find someone willing to trade for a 30 spline. :)

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll just have to wait to see how stubborn this guy is at keeping $650 when it's $700 brand new. I might end up buying one, since if I'm going to build up the axle with new gears and whatnot what's the point in buying an open carrier? I might have to skip out on a new expensive TV though if I do. hmmmmmm

Hackmeister said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll just have to wait to see how stubborn this guy is at keeping $650 when it's $700 brand new. I might end up buying one, since if I'm going to build up the axle with new gears and whatnot what's the point in buying an open carrier? I might have to skip out on a new expensive TV though if I do. hmmmmmm

Used, I've seen em at $350-400...You need to talk him down.

The compressors though, range $125-225 depending on which one.

xalexjx said:
RLMFAO,I suppose it makes a difference if it a HP or LP too!

Back