• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted: Chrysler 8.25 29 spline

carruz

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to swap out my d35 for 8.25, would consider a Ford 8.8 as well. If anyone in the SLC area has one or knows the best place to pick up a used axle at a good price the info would be greatly appreciated. Depending on condition it's more than likely that I'll rebuild/replace the guts i.e. gears, locker, bearings, shafts...

Open to any and all advice.

Thanks!

contact Mattvw65 he has had a couple of them, but not sure if he still has one, but it is worth a shot.

DeadEyeJ - What year XJ is that 8.25? Other than no spring perches is it in relatively good condition?

I could always weld on new perches since I'll probably remove the shock mounts to weld on new higher clearance mounts.

I'm heading out tomorrow for the week but if you shoot me a pm I could touch base after the Holidays to maybe check out that axle.

Thanks!

XJBanker - Thanks! I'll Mattvw65 a pm and see if he may still have one of those.

I have no idea what year... I was given the axle from a guy I bought a bunch of parts from. He said it was a 29 spline, and he thought it had 3.07 gears.

Other than the missing perches, should be fine. I haven't looked at for 6 months or so though.

I'm in no real hurry, I'm driving around ok just want to do the upgrade this spring and was looking to pick one up so I have a little time to work on it before I get anxious to wheel.

Popeye - What would you be looking to get for that axle? Is it in good condition? On or off the vehicle?

DrMoab - Pretty much the same as above other than when do you figure you could pull the axle? What gears and any mods i.e. lockers?

Thanks guys!

Its all stock 3:56 i think open diff off of the vehicle, dont know the spline count, never had it apart. i'd take 75.00 obo just to get it out of my drive way.

I have a name and number for an 8.25 /4:56 gears/ Lockright and alloy shafts. The downside is its a 27 spline axle. $400

I have an 8.25 with 29's 3:55 open that I was concidering swapping this for, but I've decided against it for now. So if your interested in it let me know and I'll get this info for you.

Back