• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Issue

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Guys! This is driving me crazy! I have done all that I know to do!

Everything worked perfectly fine elctrically on my Jeep. I parked it and did some work on it and when I got it put back together the power windows, the power locks, dome lights and radio do not work. I have checked every fuse in the Jeep 3 times at least. When the key is on every fuse has power on it. The circuit breaker has continuity. The radios switched power AND constant power are absent. THe power seats as well as everything else does still work. I don't know where to go from here! I'm goin wheelin in a week at night time so I MUST be able to roll the windows down! Thanks ahead guys!

might want to go over what all you did. Could be a bad ignition switch, something similar happened to my Jeep except I lost turn signals, radio, and air conditioning

Just about everything you mentioned shares a ground by the passengers side kick panel. As does the glove box light, the A/C relay and most (all) of the relays (door locks and more) behind the kick panel. Not sure about the radio.
Check and see if the glove box bulb has power and then do a continuity check from the bulb ground to chassis ground, just to see if the ground is there.

I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Its a 93 btw. The AC blows fine... the glove box light is out... I don't think it is the switch since other items work fine on the switch.

Hey! I have an idea! I had my draglink taken off for a while... Could the steering wheel possibly have been over turned and messed up somthing electrical in the column?

I got everything working except the windows. My haynes manual says that the wire that supplies the drivers door switch panel is a violet wire. I don't have a violet wire going to my switch panel. Does anyone have a more acurate schematic for my 93. There are no relays in the window circuit so this should ba fairly straight deal. From the batt: thru the fusebox:switch:motor. I'm not getting any power or change at the motor when the switch is flipped. There are 2 wires on the motor, and it's grounded thru the door. One wire makes the window go UP when it has 12v and one wire makes the window go DOWN when it has 12v. Is this right? I checked continuity to ground on both of those wire and they rear Zippo ohms... FUll continuity. SHAT! Soooo I'm confused. If I run 12v to one of the wires on the motor it SHOULD run correct? I gotta roll my damn windows down! I hope somone can help me soon as my laptop in on the hood of my jeep and I'm about to be under the dash again. Thanks alot!

Someone with a Chiltons manual or any other good manual PLEASE check to see what color wire runs from the fuse box to the drivers door switch for the power windows! Thanks! Andy

Kinda sounds like a short in the motor to ground, But I don't think my 96 FSM will help. I can look if ya want, always willing to help out a brother in need.

But would the short show in all 4 motors? They are isolated from each other aren't they? So there is no way that one would have shorted and fried the others...

I'm still not getting 12V to the switch for the window motors.... brb I'm gunna go count wires, and start eliminating what I know is what. Keep on with the thoughts fellas... I know some of you guys have service manuals for a 93!

I need another beer anyways!

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the help!

THIS IS NOT FROM THE FSM. so no copyright issues

Power Window Switch Notes Front Door Lock And Window Switch Functions
Notes Rear Door Switch Functions

Hopes this helps, and sorry bout the size

Thats cool... Thats a lil hard to understand....

It's saying that the Tan wire is positive for the windows and the black wire is ground? What year is that for? Whats the * mean? I don't see a key. I assume WT means White Tracer and VT means Violet Tracer?

DUH! The motor isn't bad... Look at the Front window motor diagram. The switch reverses polarity! If i ground one and put power to the other It will roll down! It's not grounded thru the door. Now I just have to figure out why it's not getting power.

Last edited:
93 wiring diagram for cherokee with p/w, p/l.. do you need a diff year? I can post up pretty quick as I'm signed into ALLDATA.

I can get you 92 or 94 if ya want?

cool, wish I coulda been more help, but sometimes ya just gotta pulling stuff apart & looking for something wrong.

lowrange2 said:
I wouldn't have known which wire to follow if you hadn't have posted that diagram. Thanks again!

no prob's , again they are not from a FSM, no infringement rights issues.

Back