• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant decide...

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
so my stubborn a$$ decided to piece together a lift because i didnt wanna pay extra for a kit with a POS AAL when i could take my time and do a bastard pack and all for around the same if not less and it would hopefully last longer. soooo, i found a set of 3" coils on ebay for CHEAP and that started it all. so now im thinkin, and i cant decide if i want 3"s or 4 and just add a 1" spacer...now for the dillema....im a broke student and dont wanna go into debt on this lift.. so what exactly would i need to add for 4" vs the 3" lift besides the spacer ( such as upper/lower control arms, t-case drop, sway bar extentions, etc) as i know to much above 3"s angle issues and such start really coming into play. oh, and its on an 87 that wont be seeing any major trails, more like your typical weekend warrior just to make me feel good on occasion...
thanks
jmeti000

At 4'' LCA's are a must are a must. I've seen rigs with stock UCA's at that height. Longer brake lines are good and so would a SYE. Get a set of decent disconnects and adjustable trackbar. Remember, the higher you go the more $$ you have to dump to get the rig right.

You are much less likely to encounter any problems and thus spend less $ at 3". No need for SYE, new control arms, shaft or front brake lines. You can relocate the front brake lines. I would buy a longer rear brake line though. You can still run 31's if you trim a little. 32's if yur willing to trim quite a bit. Probably even 33's if yur willing to cut all the way to the pinch in the rear. But by then you would relly need to spend $ to regear.

I would stick to yur 3" and trim a little for 31's. Most results for least $.

Back