• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard Pack with other XJ springs?

I did it, I took a set of Quadratec HD springs, cut the eyes off and mated them with new hardware to my stock 17 year old main springs. I installed a 29 spline 8.25 at the same time and netted 2.5" lift, better ride and better load handling.

newpaint2uo2.jpg

I did what the $11 bastard pack guy did..... I got some springs off of an s10 blazer. I used the s10 pack, minus the overload, and used the xj main and second. I got like 5" over what I had, but I'm pretty sure I was sagging a lot. As compared to my dad's xj, I got 3 1/4". right about where you're looking at. for the front, I pulled front coils off of a 96 zj for 2.5" (as compared to my dad's). yes it has a little rake, but it's not bad.

Still with stock front springs...
000_0940.jpg

and finished...

000_0941.jpg

I did the same thing xjtrailrider did, at least in part by his example. Got 2 inches lift above stock height, almost 3 above where my sagging springs had been. The ride isn't stiff at all. Good luck finding front coils specifically for a V8 GC for cheap off the internet though.

I used two whole XJ packs minus doubling up the very bottom leaf and ended up with 2.5". rode & flexed great.
doorlesspngr.jpg

I used a 3-leaf S10 pack minus the overload with a stock XJ pack and netted 5", rides rough but flexes good.
DSC00067.jpg

I used a 4 leaf S10 pack but only put the top two leaves in a stock XJ pack and got a 4" lift that rides good & flexes great.
DSC00049.jpg

I cut the fenders & all ran 33s well.

You'll need new u-bolts leaf clamps & center pins to may your own packs.

Search Google for "Rock Lizard Budget Boost" and go from there making your own packs.

Back