• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny... Makin funny codes...

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Showin that Shift Solenoids A and B are goin bannana's.

Makes some sence because it won't shift into OD when cold, sometimes slips back into 3rd when it does go into OD.

Tranny has 79k miles on it... dont make sence...

Tranny is 96' swapped into my 99'

Neutral safety switch is also going but I figured since its 2 put together to make 1.

Common issue on solenoids? Is the NSS causeing it all or they 2 seperate issues?

I'm confused. You have a 96 tranny in a 99? From everything I've seen, the 99 has a front input shaft speed sensor that the 96 does not. How did you work around this? Are you using a 96 TCU? The front speed sensor is one of the main ways the TCU diagnoses solenoid problems by comparing input and output speeds.

Nope... guess thats my problem..

You might be able to just install a 96 TCU. believe the connector is the same, although you might have to trim off a keying nub with razor blade to get it to plug in.

ZacSquatch said:
Nope... guess thats my problem..

Ahhhhh...that would explain that speed sensor code that it threw. And I keep forgetting it's a 96 tranny too.

Back