• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar question

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a 1660 re track bar and i am also getting the bulletproof steering set up to go with it and i already know about the oab i need to make the angles match between the steering and the tb so my question is where do i cut the tb and weld back together again? pics would help or a write up i searched but couldnt come up with a decent answer.

u gotta cut at the widget and weld at the thingy-ma-bob but be carefull not to mess up the kunedar valve......

actually i have no idea im just bumping this back to the top so some one who knows might see it!!

With the basic bulletproof steering system it looks like the drag arm link is attached over the knuckle but the tie rod link is still attached below it. So at a minimum you will have to relocate the sway bar attachment at the axle on the passenger side, maybe both. Since your running the RE HD trackbar and bracket this is good. The RE TB setup will drop the trackbar angle down a bit on the driver side. The bulletproof steering system will raise the dragink angle on a bit on the passenger side. This will make the steering angles better so bumpsteer will be very minimal if you got the basic bulletproof setup.

However, if you are you getting the "Over the Knuckle " bulletproof steering system where the tie rod & the drag link attach over the knuckle you will most like have to get a the OAB setup such as JKS offers http://www.jksmfg.com/. This will allow you raise the trackbar up even higher to match the flatter draglink angle created by moving all the steering linkage up higher over the knuckles.

thanks for the info i have decided to run a crossover and order the kit for the otk just in case i dont like the standard setup but i am going to get the race proof tubing instead of the little stuff. but the question still stands is where to cut and weld the track bar for the oab at the bottom where the urathane bushing is or the middle or top?

If you find you gotta cut it I say cut it at the poly bushing end. Then you can shorten it up, notch it and weld it back together just like it came from RE.

To figure how much shorter the TB needs to be will be some fun. You will need to first cut off the stock trackbar mount from the axle front and then weld on the the new OAB to the top of the axle. From there take your measurements and get to doing some customization. Have fun throwing sparks.

ok thanks that about settles it then. i have a pretty good idea about the length lots of people said about 3-4 inchs need to go so i have a rough estimate just noone said where they cut but i agree it should go at the bushing so thanks for the input guys!! its appreciated

Back