• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 Washer plugged?

cherokee4fun

NAXJA Forum User
On my 90 XJ, the front washer seems weaker than normal. Thought maybe the fluid was freezing, but changed out the fluid. The rear sprays great, but the front is weak, with fluid only coming to the bottom of the window. I know there are two motors on the bottle, but do the spray noozles clog up often? If so, how is it best to clean them or "service" them.

Thought I would ask before going out in the snow. It is always easier to get that "professional" help from the experience XJ owners, instead of reinventing the wheel.

Thanks in advance,
Bob:dunce:

If I use my windshield washer it is very weak and it rains into the back seat!

Lol I also would like to know how the lines are ran. I want to plug off the rear sprayer so it doesn't ruin my new headliner and I also want to figure out how to make the front on spray better!

Sticking a straight pin into the spray end is the first step.

I just unplugged the rear pump at the washer bottle, to keep the broken rubber hose in my hatch from peeing all over the inside of my hatch and then leaking onto the carpet. I'll fix it whenever it warms up enough.

The pumps get gummed up, removing them from the washer canister and cleaning them out with hot water and maybe some WD-40 has worked for me. Most times it was the wife adding washer fluid that called for a 50/50 mix, but she added it straight, it eventually gummed up the pump.

Back