• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two peice header

Those are probably for the 2.8, not the 4.0. Clifford Performance makes split headers for some inline 6 applications. I had a set on a ford 300 I-6 and it was a nice set up.

My bad, ace is right. I just looked at my 00' and they are on there.

ace_outlaw_08 said:
There off of a '00 or '01 cherokee, basically on all the jeeps that had precats

these should still bolt up to all 4.0 heads, right? im interested in these cause they are probably less prone to cracking. anyone know how these flow compared to the older tube design? the appear to be cast iron manifolds. the older ones more like an actual "header".

Blaine B. said:
Hm, I never knew this. I guess that's how they fixed the cracking issue afterall! I thought the manifolds were the same....I was wrong!

i was in the same boat. so when i saw these i had no idea what they came off of.

has anyone upgraded to these without the precat that was mentioned?

tigerShark said:
these should still bolt up to all 4.0 heads, right? im interested in these cause they are probably less prone to cracking. anyone know how these flow compared to the older tube design? the appear to be cast iron manifolds. the older ones more like an actual "header".

Dont get them the exhaust ports on the newer heads are smaller so these WILL NOT cover the exhaust ports on '99 and older heads, i replaced my precats with a apn header and the exhaust ports are about half the size of the older heads

ace_outlaw_08 said:
Dont get them the exhaust ports on the newer heads are smaller so these WILL NOT cover the exhaust ports on the heads on '99 and older, i replaced my precats with a apn header and the exhaust ports are about half the size of the older heads
thanks for the clarification. damn, i was hoping i found a suitable(cheap) solution for the cracked manifold problem.

mainly that they still crack. Also they had a lot of problems with the cats if I remember. I think they also take 4 o2 sensors., Its a crappy design, that only works on newer heads. Get some longtubes and call it done. 200 bucks on ebay

Back