• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What rear bumper is this?BRAND?

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
xj0096.jpg

Anyone know what brand bumper this is or is it homemade?

I have one on my jeep, and I love it. I did modify the brackets so it would tie in down the frame rail using all the hitch mounting points. I think the have one of the sweetest locking mechanism's.

Justin

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
thanks but I think I will keep looking for the bumper of my dreams.they are to costly for what you get!
thanks again for the info krelja!!

you need to think in more of the terms: you get what you pay for

rear bumpers are not cheap to say the least, I have a C4x4 that I bought used because it was a great deal, however I would have built my own instead of going new

Thats a nice bumper but why didn't they put the tire carrier on the drivers side so it wouldn't block your view making a pass on the highway? Or am I missing something obviouse, I don't fully trust mirrors!

Most people have them swing out to the passenger side, the idea being that should you need to change the tire on the side of the road, you won't be opening it into traffic. And I'm sure they put the tire closer to the pivot point so there won't be as much torque or force on the spindle, causing it to sag and wear out prematurely.

Begster said:
Most people have them swing out to the passenger side, the idea being that should you need to change the tire on the side of the road, you won't be opening it into traffic. And I'm sure they put the tire closer to the pivot point so there won't be as much torque or force on the spindle, causing it to sag and wear out prematurely.

Ok see I thought I was missing something! That makes sense, the reason I ask is I may be making my own this comming year. Jotting down ideas and suggestions now.

Mine swings out on the drivers side. It's nice on the freeway, but it sucks on a hill or when it swings out into traffic.

Back