• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple questions about a used lift kit????????

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
i bought a used 6in rusty lift from someone it came with: shocks, springs, upper and lower control arms, extented shackeles, adjustable track bar, rear leafs, a new extended yoke for rear drive shaft.

but it didnt come with any of the bolts and im not sure if i will need anything else whem im lifting it

what can i do to figure out all the bolt sizes i will need? also do i need anything special to mount everything?

i know i will need an extended rear drive shaft and extended brake lines and possibly a sye but will i need anything else?

thanks

You need to not even install the yoke and you'll need a SYE and Shaft FOR SURE! You can check most any manual and get the bolt sizes... Also check Rusty's site to see what you're missing.

• 2 - 6.5" Front Coil Springs
• 2 - 6.5" Rear Spring Packs
• Heavy Duty Adjustable Trac Bar with Frame Mount
• Upper Control Arms
• Lower Control Arms
• Stainless Steel Brake Line Extension Kit
• 4 - Grade 8 U-Bolts
• 1 pair of 6 degree shims
• Front Sway Bar Disconnects JKS
• 4 - Rusty's Hydraulic Shocks
• Complete Instruction

blazinjames said:
i bought a used 6in rusty lift from someone it came with: shocks, springs, upper and lower control arms, extented shackeles, adjustable track bar, rear leafs, a new extended yoke for rear drive shaft.

but it didnt come with any of the bolts and im not sure if i will need anything else whem im lifting it

what can i do to figure out all the bolt sizes i will need? also do i need anything special to mount everything?

i know i will need an extended rear drive shaft and extended brake lines and possibly a sye but will i need anything else?

thanks
I'd call Rusty's and see if they wouldn't be nice enough to send you the installation instructions. A lot of companies will do that for you versus having you install their product (even used) incorrectly and making noise about it later.

you either need the dissconnects, weld up some longer connects, or run no sway bar for a while.

Go down to tractor supply and get you a bag'd assortment of Grade 8 hardware, and you should be fine.

What bolts do you need?Everything is already there,except what you might break!

With my experience form working on my jeep is every other bolt breaks, even the stock air filter box bolts broke right away. Evertime i rebuild somthing i always replace the bolts for extra security while wheeling or just driving.

Back