• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
hey just swapp out front axel and well mine was a 89 and the parts jeep is a 90 limeted and well the breaks are not the same is that stanard my drums to small and rotors do not work so ?is do i have to buy all new for that year or what

thanx duane

Blkxjkrawler said:
Wait. What?:dunno:
what what why don you understand a very simple question lik that its spelllout in frnt of you face in plan englis you ned glasss or smothin I think it make perfact sins to anser question 89 had 10 inch drum an 90 had 9 inch drum i tink i don no why the dis breaks don fit

WTF? I thought my spelling sucked? Unless you have a 30 out of an early 70's jeep, there's no way in hell you have [drum brakes]

A fricking D30 is a front diff, are you talking bout the rear? It's a D35 TARD.

ARE YOU WORKING ON FRONT OR REAR? How's that?

Duh!:dunce:
D30 rear swap, flip it for strength, convert to drum brakes. Its the new hotness:D

In all seriousness, IIRC there is a difference between the frt hubs and brake components between 89 and 90, as well as the difference in drum size previously mentioned.
-Ryan

rabbit said:
IT IS THE ROTOR AND CALIPARS ON THE D30

Its a puzzle.

Not so much the brakes (or breaks), but your mastery of the language.

are you saying the 90 rotor's and caliper won't bolt up to the 89. Or the 89 rotor's and caliper's won't bolt to the 90?

Well, see now, 12 post's into this thread, now we finally know wtf you are needing to know. I can look it up at work in the morning to see the diff, unless someone else chimes in that knows for sure. HINT, the more info you supply, when you start a thread, the better.

bolt pattern of the rotor ? or caliper mount issues?

Newer axle newer brakes. They are different and do not swap directly over. You could if you wanted swap over the 89 knuckles to 90 axle and use your 89 brakes then. That way you don't have to buy new stuff.HTH

rabbit said:
89 will not bolt in the 90

NAPA online lists different part numbers for the calipers, rotors, hoses, and hubs between those years. So I imagine they wont fit. Whether you can take the calipers off your parts vehicle or buy new ones for a 90 model I dont know if they will fit the hoses. I would just swap the knuckles like you were told
-Ryan

I'm thinking rabbit this may get A bit costly. I t might be cheaper to find a different front axle to swap. just my .02.

Back