• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake light wont go out?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
my brake light went on a week or so ago, i checked the brake fluid it was really really low, so i filled it up but the light still hasnt gone out?

what does that mean?

what can i do about it?

If your fluid was that low there's a reason behind it. Check your brake pads & shoes and for any leaks in the lines or wheel cylinders.

if it's the red light to the left of the wheel that says "BRAKE" here just a crazy thought..... is your e-brake handle released ALL THE WAY? if it's up just one click the light'll stay on.

its the red light to the left, it doesnt say brake though, its a picture of a exclamation mark, and a P

ive checked the Ebrake a few times and its defiently down all the way..

so if my fluid goes down that much there must be a problem with my brakes???

thanks

if it runs low while you're driving you will have NO BRAKES this happened to me after jumping an s-10 it cracked a line and it was scary...if you do not understand the braking system (and it sounds like you don't ) either get help/professional help or go carefully and patiently....hopefully your e-brake is well-adjusted just in case too. it sounds like you are leaking...look 4 fluid.

May be a problem with the switch for the park brake.

If your fluid is that low it is usually because you have a leak or your brakes are worn out and the pistons in your calipers are extended out pretty far.

Last edited:
blazinjames said:
its the red light to the left, it doesnt say brake though, its a picture of a exclamation mark, and a P

ive checked the Ebrake a few times and its defiently down all the way..

so if my fluid goes down that much there must be a problem with my brakes???

thanks

Eh, it was worth a shot...

Back