• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another XJ Seat Question

crystalship1

NAXJA Forum User
Seems like I heard somewhere that the seats from a Grand could be made to fit into an XJ. Anybody got any info. to share? :eeks1:

jk333 said:
what year Cherokee are you working with?

Dohh!!...... Sorry about that. It's a 1997 Sport :eek:

that's right. from 1996 to 2001, the Grand Cherokee (WJ) seats will bolt to your original seat sliders. like mentioned above, I think if the seats are full power from the Grand, then they might not. Good luck with your conversion :)

Awesome!! Thanks everybody!!! :yelclap:

cklaus said:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41219
If the grand seats are full power i don't think they fit. if they have manual recline they will bolt onto the XJ rails from what i understand.

When I went searching for my WJ seats, I looked specifically for the manual recline function, because I didn't want to mess with the power issue. Glad I did! The manual recline is much simpler to deal with...

The remaining other seat power switch functions leave you with all sorts of opportunities to power/operate other things....

For now, one of the power seat switches operates my garage door opener. I just reach down to the side, flick the switch and open/close my garage door.

For my next project I plan to operate an on/off relay with another one of the power seat switches, that will inturn control the ASD relay; thereby creating a stealthy anti-theft switch. By disabling the ASD relay, you in turn disable the starter relay and the fuel pump relay. If you have an automatic, I guess you could also disable the NSS as well. Who would think a power seat control switch could act as an anti-theft switch?

I also have plans in the near future to fabricate a power fold out step so my wife can climb in more easily into my XJ. She'll be able to operate in/out function of the fold out step from the power seat power switch on her side, or I'll be able to operate it on my side.

I'm sure there are other cools things one can do with the other wise useless power seat switches....

jk333 said:
that's right. from 1996 to 2001, the Grand Cherokee (WJ) seats will bolt to your original seat sliders. like mentioned above, I think if the seats are full power from the Grand, then they might not. Good luck with your conversion :)
i thought the seat design changed for the '95 model year.

Back