• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HVAC blower motor cut out.

BigG

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, but could not find my exact issue.

This is on my '96 XJ Sport. I had the blower motor and resistor pack replaced several months ago in Texas as the motor was bad and was blowing the pack. This past couple of weeks, now that I am in Michigan, the fan has been used constantly to heat the jeep. The other night the fan just cut out, as if it has just been turned off. the flap in fron of the blower fan is still moving when the HVAC switch is moved, but the fan does not come on on any setting or speed. I have checked the fuse for the blower motor (#5 under driver side) and checked for loose wires under the passenger side. I was wanting to check here before taking it into a shop to see if anyone had some other ideas I could look at first.

also curious as mine has the same problem--was working intermittently then completely died around a week ago. I suspect the heater switch (that controls what speed setting it is on) is bad, but I'm not sure. Will be breaking out the multimeter tommorow in an attempt to figure it out. I'll let you know what I find, hopefully for now someone else will chime in.

Did you check to see if you were getting power at the fan? At least in that way you'd know if the fan was fried.

Back