• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with TPS!

xj-sparky

NAXJA Forum User
i know this has been over-discussed already because i was just looking at a lot of threads the other night. anyway, my problem. i've been having weird idle/ acceleration problems lately and i want to chek my tps to rule it out or fix it. jeep is a '94 by the way, everything i find is about pre '90s so maybe mine can't even be adjusted, d/k. i tried to check the voltage like i've read but can't even seem to get to the terminals without disconnecting the plug. any easy way? and what voltages should i like for? all this assuming i can even check it like the pre 90s. sorry if it's confusing, just need some help.

cant be adjusted. When mine went out it just felt like like it was popping in and out of overdrive, then it stopped idling well, so I changed it. fixed the problem. The torx bits are a bitch to get out, i broke two bits trying

on mine it seems to idle fine but as soon as i even touch the gas pedal it will loose power and almost die, sometimes if i let off it will pick up again, sometimes it dies.

wolfpackjeeper said:
cant be adjusted. When mine went out it just felt like like it was popping in and out of overdrive, then it stopped idling well, so I changed it. fixed the problem. The torx bits are a bitch to get out, i broke two bits trying

I stripped the hell out of one of the torx bolts trying to get it out. I have no idea how I'm going to get it out now.

not if it is the tps that is wrong. We ended up pulling the throttle body off and puttign a little bit of heat on it with a cutting torch, the bolts are thread locked in from the factory and after that they just popped out. I even reused them. I dont think that the TPS is that much. I am getting ready to go by work. If nobody else pipes in I will check on them while I am there

Back