• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas tank, fuel pump problems

I have a 89 xj that i used for just offroad. The gas tank is in the back of the jeep with the wires and lines going threw the floor to it like a feul cell. It had a leak and i couldn't stand the smell of gas so i got a tank out of an 88 Bronco 2 in there now. The jeep used to run great befor the swap but ever since it runs like poop. At first it'll start after a while and idle normal. But then it will stall and sometimes not start up again.

I thought it could be not enough pressure coming from the pump but then how would i be able to run it?

Is it possible there to much pressure going threw?

Anyway i might be able to make this setup work?

If you didn't throw away the old tank, you can take it to a quality radiator shop and have it fixed...it's most likely a rust hole...it needs to be cleaned and a patch of sheetmetal soldered in place....other than that, looks like the ford pump has the wrong pressure assuming the lines etc are hooked up correctly.

A pipe under pressure...sounds like the fuel pump is leaking....if thats the case a new or used pump will take care of it.

Back