• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having a bumpy winter!

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I usually run 32's on my 89 but for the first year I went to 235/75/15 studded winters. I notice my ride has been alot bumpier, does the cold affect the shocks or just having smaller size tires? I run them at about the same pressure as my 32's on the street. I will be purchasing re monotubes after christmas.
thanks!

I may be WAY off here, but couldn't the bumpiness be coming from the studs? :dunno: I mean...I've never used them before but I would imagine studs would make the ride bumpy.

no, not the studs, dont feel them, I mean when i hit a hole,bump or crack in the road.

sounds like tire pressures to me...what are you running?

26 front and rear, with explorer procomp shocks, I dont want to go any lower pressure wise because my rims are 8" wide

A couple of things come to mind. First, the 32's have a taller sidewall which likely flexes a bit more and will cushion smaller irregularities than do your snows. Secondly, the larger tire's diameter allows it to step across things such as chatter bumps without following their contours as closely as would a smaller diameter tire.

Dave

yeah that makes sense, I was thinking my shocks were freezing up or something

Back