• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tacoma bastard pack?

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to use two tacoma leafs as bastard pack donors but now that i have my XJ leafs out I'm a little skeptical.

The XJ leafs have a little more arch than one of the tacoma packs (b/c it's missing an AAL and centering pin)... Will I still net lift from adding in the three leafs from the tacoma? The tacoma leafs are quite a bit thicker than the XJ ones.

I need to know soon so I can possibly just run out and snag some S10 leaf springs from a junkyard tomorrow....

I think you want to match the arch / shape of your AAL to the stock XJ pack as much as possible. Otherwise, when you bolt it all up with the clamps you will be back-bending one of the springs, which they don't like...
Additionally, the Tacoma is going to be a much stiffer-riding spring than the S10. I'd try and bring the Taco packs to the junkyard and trade them either for S10 or XJ packs.

Back