• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reasonable brake lines

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
wheres a reasonable place to get extended brake lines for an XJ a $100 seems a little steep for lines. i have heard of using wrangler lines but after searching 9 wrecking yards, ebay, and craigslist for them i have given up on that route. thanks

Go to your parts store of choice and just get some new YJ Wrangler brake lines. It probably won't be much more than $50 and you'll have brand new lines rather than used ones.

EDIT: This works for the 3"-4" lift range I believe, so if you have much more than that you may need to buy the actual extended brake lines.

thanks for the input . now does the gm have abs as i have a 93 with abs or does it matter? also do i have to buy the hard lines from the GM to get the extension or just the rubbers? - Thanks

just the rubber lines from your local part store. part numbers are in the thread i posted above.......don't waste your time and money on junkyard brake lines.....just get some at the parts store new....it is your brakes we are talking about here (and the prices are very inexpensive)

thank you will call them tomorrow cant wait to flex her out as i bought smaller tires as the 36's left little room for flex and speeled disaster for breakage.

Napa has YJ lines for $14.95....

No, YJ are 3" longer

ZacSquatch said:
No, YJ are 3" longer

I will see if I can dig up the pics from my lift install.....
New stock YJ lines, are only about 1 to 1 1/2 longer than the ones that came out of my 90...........

I've got 2 front Stainless steel braided lines from Rusty's that came in my kit. PM If you're interested.

As for the back I don't have a matching stainless one but I'll sell ya this one! lol I'm kiddin.

PB290708.jpg

Back