• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well Im not gonna shoot it.

LilTJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well I was gonna shoot it, see this thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=935247, but I started going through and trying a few things you guys suggested, and I got my XJ to fire up. It still has its issues but at least I can hear it run. I changed the plugs (old ones had stuff growing on them), and pulled the injectors (they had the same growth) and sprayed them down with carb cleaner. It now fires up, and Idles and I can rev it from under the hood, but if I do it from the the cab it sputters and tries to die. But hey at least it runs.
One of the reasons my partner hadn't driven it and ultimately gave it to me, was because it wouldn't go into park. I pulled the shift handle off and it looks like the release rod is broke, but with a screw driver it shifts great.
At some point the driver side cargo area window got broke out (he gave me a new window, and rubber) and the interior ended up being pretty nasty, so I have started stripping it out, with the help of my kids and getting it cleaned up a bit.
I have a lot of work ahead of me, there have been several owners that have done some pretty ghetto repair jobs on it. Ranging from sheet rock screws holding the dash up, to JB weld holding the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail.

Thanks for all the help so far, and thanks for the help I will need in the future. Here are a few shots of my free 86, V6 2WD (LOL see previous thread) XJ

-Steve

Picture002.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Back