• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about 4 link rear

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, i been on this site for a while and was wondering if there are any write ups on doing a custom 4 link rear in a cherokee and DIY long arm. I have used the search function and couldnt really turn anything up useful. i dont plan on doing it now but im up at school and i got access to all of the fab equipment i would need so i would do it for a project. I would want the move 5.5 inch lift out of it, also the vehicle is a 99 cherokee sport.
Thanks in advance
Jhery

Last edited:
8x Large Superflex joint: $320 plus tax and shipping
2x 12" Swayaway 2.0 Remote reservoir coilover shocks: $630 plus tax and shipping
4x 2.5" ID Eibach coils: $276 plus tax and shipping

Reinforce the framerail to make adequate suspension mount points
Fab four links
Fab and place eight sets of arm mounts
Fab coilover mounts

Or dick around with various coils, trying to find a rate you like and a lift height you want. I wouldn't go airshocks on a highway driven rig.

Or get a good set of leafs and bolt them in.

Do you really need 8 superflex joints, cant get enough misalignment from just having them on one end?

Ramsey said:
Do you really need 8 superflex joints, cant get enough misalignment from just having them on one end?

What would you put on the other end?

I assume you mean put a bushing on the other end, but that's dead. If you're going through the trouble of building a rear link suspesnion, you're doing it for the performance, so it would be dumb to put rubber bushings in it. Poly bushings won't have near enough deflection. And, since you're making arms, you still need to buy the bushings or whatever you use, and the price difference between bushings, johnny joints, or rod ends isn't significant enough to influence what you use..........so use what you want.

How about on a 3 link with a track bar? Poly wouldnt work on one end?

Fair enough, leave it to me to try and save 30$ on a 3k$ project :D

Back