• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojave Road

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
So, I was thinking about leading another run for the SoCal Chapter and figured I might as well check up on the Park Service website for any sneakies. Sure as shit, I find this:

http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/permits.htm

A Recreation Permit is required for all groups of at least 7 vehicles or 15 participants for common recreational activities (rock climbing, hunting, fishing or trapping, equestrian use, bicycling, street-legal motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle use, backcountry use and roadside vehicle camping) and large group gatherings (weddings, ceremonies/gatherings, large camp rendezvous). Proof of insurance and posting of a bond may also be required. For more information or if you have questions, call (760) 252-6107 or e-mail the superintendent.

I dropped an email off asking for clarification. Let's see what comes back.

That minor detail could be waived, or strictly enforced. Dunno.

Andy

This little tidbit could bite you in the ass as well,

"Other Fees:

In addition to the applcation fee, all special park uses are also associated with administrative processing fees and monitoring costs may vary accordingly with the activity in question.

Administrative Processing Fee: $155

Monitoring Costs: $50/hour, 2 hour minimum per event"

Might have to have a couple groups of six rigs, could save a lot of cash.

we don't know eachother, we just happened to all be at the trailhead and decided to group up for safety.

Back