• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

360 V8 swap

muddymopar

NAXJA Forum User
hey how are would it be to swap a 360 out of an old jeep into a 1990 xj
got ahold of one for cheap and plan on rebuilding it and wanna swap it out with my 4.0L
any suggestions on what i might have to do or how hard it might be

there is a thread going with someone swapping in a 383, and someone in there tossed in a 318. Anything can be done, sbc are put in now and then too.

I have seen a few threads on fitment issues, and the wiring will need to be worked on, but certainly some searching here would provide better answers than I can.

it can be done but if you need to ask a general question like that are you sure its something yuou can handle. it involves alot of fabrication work and mechanical understanding of the entire xj as well as the donor parts. by all means,if you can do it, have at it. nothing better than the satisfaction of building something like that. except maybe the first time you get a compliment.

do a search, i've seen at least one on here running an AMC V8

all very good points, i definately havent gotten that in depth yet and i just dont wanna mess it up too bad cause right now its my DD but i also have a newer car of my wifes that i could drive....but yeh thanks guys i might look into it a LOT more!!

Back