• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with rack........

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
is a factory cross bar rack better than a after market rack secured to the gutters? better in the way of being stable, secure and being able to hold the heavest load

The EOM rack is nto meant to hold much weight. You are much better off getting aftermarket. if you go with something like yakima then the 1a rain tower gutter mounts work well. I have osme on a custom rack and you can move the jeep with the rack. You could always double up on towers and xbars if you really needed to carry some weight.

a friend has a yakima load warrior mounted to the factory bars and carries the tire up there but it isnt rated for much more weight than that.

I carry my spare 31 on steel wheel on my factory cross bars fine. Any more weight than that and i would go aftermarket. Actually i would get an aftermarket one anyway if I had the spare $$.

Back