• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extended idle PCM pin question

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
95XJ

i think i have read just about every post on here about the extended idle setup, and was just in the garage trying to set mine up.....BUT...

pin #10 isn't even open. no wire, no pin, not even a hole. i was thinking about just carefully drilling it out to the same size as all the other holes, and finding some kind of pin to insert in there.

i did see that somebody else also posted a question a while ago about the same problem but didn't get an answer.

has anybody done the extended idle install and also encountered a sealed off connector hole??? what did you do??? any other ideas on how to connect into it other??? any ideas on what i could use for a pin to insert through the main PCM plug???

i was just looking at the PCM wiring diagram in alldata and came up with another possible idea.

i removed my A/C system and only kept the compressor for an OBA setup. since i'm not using the A/C anymore, could i remove the pin out of the A/C control wiring in the PCM???

that way i would have a proper pin to use for the extended idle, and i could just cut the wire a few inches out of the PCM and run the wire from my switch to it. since the A/C system is removed, it shouldn't hurt anything if those wires aren't plugged into the PCM anymore right???

since i've taken all the A/C stuff out of the jeep, it does nothing now when i select the A/C setting.

do you mean take the sensor/switch that was in the A/C system and somehow cross it so when i select my A/C setting it'll hi idle or what???

how hi does the A/C bring your idle???

Back