• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard find - what you think?

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well i just got back from looking around the junkyard and wanted to know what you guys thought about a set of axles. It is out of a late 80's early 90's xj with the 4cyl and an auto tranny. I know that it would be the dana 30 in the front but it looks like a dana 44 cause it doesn't look anything like by 35. They both have 4.56 gears in them and they want $500 for both of them. Do you think this is a good deal or should i just pass on them? Let me know what you think. Also if somebody could post up a pic of what a dana 44 should look like that would be great so i can make sure it is one before i do anything on it.

Thanks,
Ben

I'm fairly sure they never offered the 44 in a 4.56 setup, nor with 4 cyl's.

I dont remember who I stole this image from but it gets the job done.

IdentifyAxles.jpg

If they are 4.56 geared, snap them up! Great deal, way less money than buying new gears / carriers / paying somebody to set them up...

I have personally seen a D44 in a 4 banger. I have also seen 4.56's in a D30/D35. I have not seen 4.56's in a D44, but that is not to say they were not built. The dealer could order them just about anyway they wanted.

Back