• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase dropped, now 4low problems...

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I hadn't done any wheeling in a while so 4lo hadn't gotten any time to play. When I went to move the jeep out of the back yard (snow, ice, mud, etc) for my roomate, though, I tried to drop it into 4lo and couldn't seem to find it with the shifter. Thought I had it in the right position, put trans in drive and heard a heckuva noise - grinding, skipping chattering and all sorts of unhappy metallic junk.
So... Chain shot? Shift linkage out of whack from being dropped 1"? What is going on here? I've searched and haven't found a whole lot so far...

yep, your shift linkage is messed up. there's a bolt/screw on there that you loosen and you adjust the rod length...

I hope that makes sense.....

Awesome - thanks for the help. I feel like a nervous mother these days - every time my baby hiccups I start to freak out...

Thats a good jeep owner :)

Exact same thing happened to mine after the t case drop. But I had to adjust the linkage on the trail! :eek:

Mine wasn't the linkage that needed adjusting, but the forward most bolt head on the drop bracket was just a bit too tall, and the little 90 degree nubin on the end of the shift rod was hitting that bolt head, and stopping from getting into 4lo

Back