• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just a few opinions?

darkendlight88

NAXJA Forum User
im new here and i just got a 92 xj. its completely stock and id like to get it raised. i was thinking 3 inches or maybe 3.5 inches but im not sure which kit to go with. any input would be appreciated.

I think that the first thing should be to sit back and HONESTLY ask your self " What are my plans for this vehicle?", and then go from there: do you want a rockracer, a mud buggy, ( personal favorite) a "do-it-all", or.... You will find lots of advice and opions here, just remember it is you who has to figure out the final result.

ren said:
I think that the first thing should be to sit back and HONESTLY ask your self " What are my plans for this vehicle?", and then go from there: do you want a rockracer, a mud buggy, ( personal favorite) a "do-it-all", or.... You will find lots of advice and opions here, just remember it is you who has to figure out the final result.

x2 sit down and come up with a plan. that way you can build it right the first time and not be continually buying and replacing parts that you should have gotten in the first place

i want something that i can go on trails with. im not interested in doing any rock crawling. im pretty set on 3.5" i just need to figure out what kit im gonna go for.

When designing a system that will work for what you want to do, you have to take several things into consideration. What size tires do you want to run, which the largest size you can run has to do with how strong your axles are and the gear ratios and all that engineering stuff. If you don't want to modify your axles, you can run a 31", maybe a 32 or 33. Also, do you want to be cuttin the fenders all up? I run a '99 with a 3" Pro comp with 31x10.50's, and it is a good lift, but I would go higher if I had to do it over again. Depending on who you talk to, you will get different answers on if you will need to do a SYE conversion with the 3" lift. It is a good idea to do it anyway, but that is the reason I went with the 3" so I wouldn't have the extra expense..... And have to do it anyway. So with a 3" lift, you have a 50/50 shot at the driveshaft conversion, anything over a 3" it is for sure. If I had it to do over.... I would go with the Roc krawer long arm kit. Wow! look at all these post since I started typing..... I need to learn to type quicker.... Ya! what they all said:laugh3:

i dont know if anyone on here is running a skyjacker kit, mostly what i've seen is rustys or rubicon express, or ome, or a mix and match of tnt and everyone else that they like, and have tailored to fit their own needs. i myself bought the 6030 and i'm also only putting 31's, maybe 32's on my XJ. like everyone else said, it all depends on what you want to do with it, and how far you are willing to go (and how much money to fork over) to get it exactly the way you want it.

ok, well if you're on a budget...you could still do the 3.5" super ride with AAL for fairly cheap. I get all my Rubicon Express stuff through www.performanceoffroadcenter.com I have been more than happy with the prices and the customer service there. Granted, I live in CA so shipping is a bit less for me than other folks, but its worth checking out. (BTW PORC's pricing is below the RE allowable advertised price so you have to call to get a price on stuff or e-mail him...I've found you're best with just a phone call tho)

If thats still out of the question, there is always Rough Country Lift Kits or Rustys

And here's the debate

Last edited:
darkendlight88 said:
anyone hear or have good experience with Skyjacker 3" Lift Kit with Rear Add-A-Leaf & Nitro Shocks?

I run a skyjacker 3" lift with full leaf packs. also put in a rusty's drop x-member, RC adjustable track bar, and jks disco's. good kit, but if I did it again I'd go with the RE 3.5" kit.

I like RE. Jason at Jeepin' Outfitters has some good deals. Last time I checked, free shocks and shipping on RE products. The point to that: Shipping is a big thing right now, at least in my opinion. You can get a track bar there too.

But, like they said it's all on what you're gonna do w/ it. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. It will save you in the end and your Jeep will thank you for it too.

:eeks1:

Back