• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC indicator light switch

mustangconv85

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know where to get the switch that goes in the transfer case to activate the 4wd dash lights my lights don't come on at the right time so i'm guessing the switch is going bad all i can find on autozones website is the vacume switch and not the electric one

By the way its a 88 with a 242TC non-disco axle

Are you sure that your front wheels are locking in? If you have a vacuum leak to the actuator, the t-case will engage, but not the front and therefor the light won't come on.

its a non disco axle and yes i know the front wheels are locking in because i had it up on jack stands when i was adjusting the shifter linkage to the transfer case my light does come on just not when its suposed to and i don't think the switch is adjustable so i figured i'd get a new one but don't know where to find the electric switch

sorry my first post might be a little unclear i know where the switch it located on the transfer case what i'm wanting to know is where can i buy a new one from and the only one i've been able to find is the vacume one not the electric one

Back