• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question, Where's the switch

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
For the transfer case 4wd light. part time light not coming on but its in 4wd. Snowing like crazy out there so is it something I can get into from up top. I'm NOT getting under it.

87manche said:
on the side of the t-case.

I don't remember there being anything there but the speedo stuff, damn, I'll worry about it later I guess....

also, there is a vacuum switch on some xj's right on the passenger side wheelwell. my lite wasn't working and when i checked this i found that the vacuum line was unpluged from the switch.

mitsumotors said:
also, there is a vacuum switch on some xj's right on the passenger side wheelwell. my lite wasn't working and when i checked this i found that the vacuum line was unpluged from the switch.

Well, on my '88 with command-trac it is a vaccum actuated switch. I think same set of lines that move the fork on front axel will actuate a switch on passanger side of fire wall it is blue and has both vaccum line(s) and electrcal wires on it.

HTH,

Pigpen

edit: it is under the turtle.

4x4 dash lamp switch on the newer Tcase is the black plug under the # 1.
standard.jpg

his sig says 98xj, so I assume that's it.

the switch is on the t-case, and it should look just like that picture up above.

It's in one of my TJ's, musta missed that dam plug when I had the TC out last time. Hope I didn't crunch it or rip it off. Come to think of it, I wasn't on that side, I was busy hooking up the rear drive shaft.
Like I said, later, we got 6" of snow in 3 hours and now it's sleeting out there.

Back