• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB - crash

mundur5

NAXJA Forum User
I am not sure where to put this, but since my jeep is modified and has the ARB Bull Bar, I will put it here.

Yesturday driving home from work around 5:15. I was doing about 45, and some old lady decided to try and cut across 4 lanes of traffic during rush hour. I was in lane #4, and she almost made it. But instead I hit her, and crushed her entire rear end, and back right quarter panel and door. Nobody was hurt. Although, she was in a 4 door sedan, I was still very impressed with the ARB. There is no damage to my front end. The only things that I could easily notice was that my sway bar disconnect pull pin has gone missing, and my front driver side quarter panel is not in contact with the door, so i cannot open it all the way.

I am not trying to brag or anything, I am just thankful of how strong that thing is.

Jeep 1 - - Nissan Sentra 0

That was my thinking on building a huge winch bumper. Everyone asks what will happen in a crash.

I simply tell them Ill be using the other car as a crumple zone. Seemed to work well for you.

Glad no one was hurt!

hopefully insurance won't claim it as your fault. technically if she had blinkers on and there are no witness to say she cut across 4 lanes, you're at fault.

don't let it get to your insurance, you settle it personally with hers...I never go to my insurance, cash deals. of course she should be paying you.

*ow, my neck, my back, you bitch* I see law suit ;) j/k

X2 on the big bumper for crash protection. I've been thinking about a JCR pre-runner winch bumper for, of course, the winch functionality, but the prerunner bars more for collision protection than anything else.

Technically if you were in a lane and she crossed over into your then you had the right of way and too bad for her and her car, turn signal or no. Right of way is right of way. Her blinker does not give her the right of way. You have to wonder if you bent your frame, though, since the bumper is probably stronger, and you're noticing slight body part misalignment. Still drives exactly like it did before.

--wp11

I just bought an ARB bumper off my friend's totalled '00 (as well as his Garvin rack :). The ARB took a glancing hit from an F-350 dually that totalled the Jeep. One mount is tweaked perhaps .25", there is a cut/dent (easily pounded out & welded) in the end where the impact actually occured, and the corner of the top tube has a sm. dent--I'm very impressed with how little it was damaged considering the extent of the damage to the Jeep.

jeepcomj said:
hopefully insurance won't claim it as your fault. technically if she had blinkers on and there are no witness to say she cut across 4 lanes, you're at fault.

don't let it get to your insurance, you settle it personally with hers...I never go to my insurance, cash deals. of course she should be paying you.

*ow, my neck, my back, you bitch* I see law suit ;) j/k

how do you figure if she cut across his lane that it was his fault? she didnt have the right of way, he did. turn signal or not, she crossed the path of traffic, she did not yeild to on coming traffic.:confused1

Furthermore, I think the description of the damage to her car corroborates that she was cutting across traffic. He broken car tells the story as good as any witness. Hard to hit a side door from behind. . .

Good to know that the ARB stands up to the idiots out here lol.

I'm still torn, however, between the bullbar and something along the lines of Hanson's front winch bumper (but cheaper).

Starboard M said:
[snip]... I simply tell them Ill be using the other car as a crumple zone. ...[snip]

:roflmao:
I love it!

big bumpers do wonders. I have a custom pre runner bumper and I rear ended a car that brake checked me coming out of school, destroyed their car but all it did was push one of my hella out of position. Heres pics of my bumper. My brother, my friend and I built it
CIMG2910.jpg

There is no doubt that it was her fault. She even said I didn't see you coming.

Anyways, I think the frame is ok. I have it with a friend of mine, that works for the dealership. He is gonna let me know if "anything" is wrong underneath. I also may end up with a new paint job, because black is so hard to match.

I will let yall know what happens.

Back