• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Shell Weight

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Any idea of what an empty Cherokee shell weighs?

I sold one a while back that had no glass, drivetrain, and only one of the 4 doors on it. Most of the interior was still there and it had a 2wd front axle under it, no rear axle, and it was 1325 lbs. I figure that's pretty close by the time you add the doors and take out the interior.

TXRIVERRAT said:
I sold one a while back that had no glass, drivetrain, and only one of the 4 doors on it. Most of the interior was still there and it had a 2wd front axle under it, no rear axle, and it was 1325 lbs. I figure that's pretty close by the time you add the doors and take out the interior.

Excellent. Thanks.

You saying it had no glass and no drivetrain or just no glass?

I believe mine was right around that weight too, is still had the front (cracked) glass and no axles or drivetrain, I took two in & got about $80 each when they were paying $110/ton. I think I threw some junk in them & old tires though so my weight may be a little off one way or the other.

Back