• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running 31st on a stock cherokee??

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
can i run 31s on my stock 89 xj for a few days? some hwy driving no 4x4ing?

im lifting my jeep next week and trying to sell the tires on it right now..someone needs them asap so i was wondering if its possible to put the 31st on before i lift it?

It should work. How bad is the sag in the rear end?

Regardless, it should work. And if they tuck up in the rear that shouldn't be a problem, unless your new rims (if you're getting new rims) have a different backspacing.

Go for it.

Do you really need permission?

no, he asked can...not may :)

turning will be fun...dont make any sharp ones!

I would avoid bumps too... my mom has a stock 91 with 30's on it and they fill the wheel well. For temporary short term should be okay, if you are trying to park in a crowded lot or go over speed bumps with passengers I would be cautious of the LCA's and front fenders towards the bumper.

the wife's has 31's on the stock suspension, it will rub in the back if you get to the bumpstops, it will rub on the LCa's up front when turning tight.

I have a 2 inch lift with 31's and they rub if I hit a bump hard or flex hard in the back. Also the fronts will rub the control arms pretty good at full lock. Just do a budget boost " 2"in lift" for under $100.00 and you will fit them but still rub a little. I wouldn't run 31's on a stock cherokee without trimming.

the thing is i have a 6in lift but not time to install it, someone wants to buy the tires on it now, so i just want the 31s for a few days..so im hoping i can get by with htem on for a just a few days before i have time to put the jeep in the garage and start the lift

Back