• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Surging cruise control

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got to using the cruise control on my 1990, works well most of the time but once and a while when I set the initial cruise speed it'll dump the throttle and the RPM's will spike up 800rpm or so then settle back to normal. I also found that when setting the accel. it always adjusts the speed 5km/h higher (if I set it to run at 100, it will bump up to 105 and stay there).
Besides this, the cruise works great but I would like to cure the rpm surge, since it's likely guzzling fuel when that happens.

Last edited:
the RPM spike sounds like the torque converter unlocking to allow the vehicle to get up to speed, then re-locking. (my '97 will pull the pedal down a bit whenever i initially set the CC, then settle down)

by "setting the accel." do you mean using the ACCEL button to increase your speed? mine seems to go 2 mph per click, so your 5 km/h would be right on target.

Back