• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hi all, need some help

ksdan

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been reading a lot of posts on here about CKP failure, figured I was having the same symptoms, so I replaced it. Alas, still no fire.:tear: I've got good fuel pressure but no spark. I checked the coil wire with a plug and nothing. Is there a way to check power going to the coil? It's a new accel that I installed in my last bout with this problem so I'm not just gonna throw another new one in there. I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

A little background- 93 Cherokee with transplant 92 4.0. I had this problem first about 6 months ago. The motor turned over, had fuel and spark but no start, just coughed occasionally. I screwed around with it forever, ended up replacing the cam position sensor, cap and rotor, and some other stuff i cant remember, finally hauled it to the shop and it started for them, they told me it was a dirty idle air control, which I knew not to be true cause I tried to start it with the throttle open or half open many times. ran fine for a few months or so till it died on me in traffic one day. coasted in to a parking lot and screwed around with connections for about 20 minutes, it started back up finally but i dont think it was from anything I did. has been running up until a few days ago when it died backing into my driveway. now every once in a while it will start and run for about ten seconds, but mostly just doesnt start at all. I've got no spark and as i said it sounded like a fulty ckp to me so i replaced it, nothing.

if u want to check power to coil , one side should be positive(red wire)

its running again , I think possibly the coil plug is a bad connection............?? oh well, until next time I guess

Back