• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a leak

stiffy151

NAXJA Forum User
I have water coming in the best I can tell where the fender meets the cowl and the front of the drivers door, bottom left of the windsheild.

In heavy rain water runs steady behind the hood release. I duplicated it with a hose and can't figure out where it is entering. I had the windsheild replaced because it was cracked and leaked into the passenger side. Is there anywhere that can separate behind the fender that I need to seal?

I guess I don't need to put my carpet back in but I would like to not get in to a frozen floor.

Thanks for the help

Hmm...have you taken off the cowl to see if theres a rust hole or something underneath?

Possibly the weatherstripping?

Maybe water is dripping down into a hole on the firewall?

Sorry I can't be much help, but it's hard to say without having a look at it. Try taking the kick panel off and removing the cowl for starters.

When you had the windshield replaced did you look to see if the pinch weld was rusted out. What caused the crack? Sometime the rust will build up so bad around the windshield that it pushes against the glass and causes it to crack or discolor.

I took the lid off of the cowl and looked around - nothing. Then I dumped water into the opening and it only ran out onto the ground (like it should).

I had the windshield out to repair where a previous owner tried to seal the windsheild with silicone and made rust. The frame was fine after I fixed the rust, it was all up at the roofline.

Back