• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94-98 roller timing set swap

Why did you change it out?

Cloyes has a dual roller timing set on the Autozone site, at Hesco (www.hesco.us) and at Summit racing. I looked at Carquest but couldn't find an on-line shopping catalog. Presumably if you go into any of them with this part number:

p/n 9-3172 = standard center to center distance

Only saw these on Autozone
p/n 9-3127-5 = .005 reduced center to center distance
p/n 9-3127-10 = .010 reduced c-t-c distance.

The crank gear on these 3 also has 3 keyways to adjust timing 2 deg. in each direction.

At Autozone all are $142.99.

One of these sites said you couldn't use the oil slinger because the chain is wider. Probably also have to watch for clearance of chain-to-block and chain-to-cover and maybe come up with a thicker gasket.

Kind of overkill, in my opinion, unless you are racing or need the distance adjustment. Regular chains with regular use last a long time.

standard cloyes chain set (didn't look roller) 9-3041 at $43.99

Hesco sells a single roller set for $129.

I'm sure someone with the right equipment could make a gear drive.

Anyone every try this place:

www.emachineshop.com

Use their drawing tool to design the gears & keeper mechanism and upload. They do the work (in Fla I think) to your spec & deliver.

Back