• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration over 55 no lift slight buzz?!?!

vajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 97 country and the engine has been running fine but lately over 55 mph a feel and hear a vibration. it is from the engine bay, it comes and go's but when its there its has gap's inbetween vibrations. I thought it could be power steering or water pump. Any ideas?

Could be your exhaust.

It may also be your front driveshaft. Try removing it and see if that helps. If you remove the driveshaft and it goes away, it's time to rebuild the driveshaft.

Front driveshaft u-joint! I would check them all to be safe!NAXJA

Can you feel it in the steering wheel?

check to see if there is any play in the front drive shaft yoke. Many times the yoke and the stub wear eachother out and creates play, giving you an unbalanced driveshaft causing vibes. thats the first place I would look.

vajeeper said:
ill check a couple of those

i would definetly check the front driveshaft. if the u-joints look dry, then replace them. and MAKE SURE u use SPICER(OEM) joints. i used the autozone specials and within a month they started squeaking and vibing again. and if you have a driveline shop change the joints, have them balance it at the same time.

i had the same problem w/ my 94. vibes at 55and up. took out front d-shaft and went away. had it balanced and all new joints and CV Joint and....tada..... vibes history.

Back