• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ44 driveshaft options with lift

Osmin C

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on lifting 4.5 with an RE kit. I have an xj44 and plan on swapping in the axle with the lift but would like to know if I use the tc drop will my d35 driveshaft work? Thanks

Short answer.. yes.

Long answer... Since the 44 is out of an XJ, you wont be messing with the spring perches I assume. That being the case, you are still going to need shims. when I lifted my 94, I did the 4.5" superflex kit, and a D44. I did the TCase drop, and still had major vibes. So I added some shims. I think I used 4 degree... could have been 6 degree. That made it much better.

I STRONGLY suggest a slip yolk eliminator and a new shaft. The new shafts are alittle pricey...but worth it. The SYE is cheap enough. Ive heard and read on this site that you can use a stock front shaft from an XJ in the rear once you install the SYE. Since the front shaft is already a double cardan.

Once I installed my SYE and new shaft, I couldnt believe how smooth things got. I was able to get rid of my TCase drop. I left the shims in, because its where my pinion angle needed to be anyway.

Good luck!

Justin

You'll only need to have the spring perches cut off and have some new ones welded on. I didn't like the idea of shims so I did the work myself on my D44. Worked out great.

waxer said:
You'll only need to have the spring perches cut off and have some new ones welded on. I didn't like the idea of shims so I did the work myself on my D44. Worked out great.

are you forgetting shock mounts????

Back